Guest Post from Abby Finch!
Bees are important. They pollinate our plants and help our food grow, and they provide us with honey. However, they are disappearing, so I wanted to do something to help. I made an assemblage for an art class assignment about the disappearance of bees.
Here is how you can help save the bees:
- Eat more organic foods. The pesticides used on non-organic crops can be very harmful to bees, and is one of the main contributors to their endangerment
- Plant bee-friendly plants in your garden. These will give the bees a good source of pollen and nectar.
- Avoid using pesticides in your garden. The chemicals can leak into the pollen and hurt the bees.
- DON'T KILL BEES. Bees don't want to hurt you, they just want to get their job done.
- Spread the word. The more people know about it, the more people can prevent it.
Here's my project:
Post from one year ago today...
April 24, 2016